The Adventures of Amy and Tiff is a spin-off crossover fan-fiction series that ran for three seasons on FanFiction.net from July 12, 2011 to September 18, 2012. It is based on the television series Sonic X and Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. The series not only contains material from the two shows mentioned, but also material from other titles of the Sonic the Hedgehog and Kirby franchises as well.
A special movie was planned for release on January 2013, but was canceled because the author claimed that he will be getting a job soon (and he did, as of November 2013) and will be unable to upload any new stories. Another reason why he chose to stop producing new episodes is because he was happier a Brony (in other words, a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and decided to buy books based on that show instead, starting with Twilight Sparkle and the Crystal Heart Spell.
It all began when Amy and Tiff are walking on the street, not paying attention to where they are going. They bumped into each other, and were about to beat each other up. They thought to themselves that they shouldn't, and dropped their weapons. They hugged each other, sobbing, then helped each other with their stuff. Amy and Tiff talked about their lives and what they like to do, and officially became friends on that same day they first met.
- Season 1 (July 12, 2011 - November 29, 2011)
- Season 2 (December 13, 2011 - April 10, 2012)
- Season 3 (April 17, 2012 - September 18, 2012)
- Amy Rose
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Buto (Seasons 2-3)
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Cosmo the Seedrian (Season 3)
- Cream the Rabbit
- Charmy Bee (Season 3)
- Vanilla the Rabbit
- Rouge the Bat
- Lady Like
- Sir Ebrum
- King Dedede
- Dr. Eggman
Internet appearance history Edit
- FanFiction.net (2011-2012)
- DeviantART (September 21, 2012–present)
- World of Media Wiki (2014-present)
- All Cappies are also now up to twice the heights of their regular anime forms. Tuff, like Tiff, also gets human legs. Lady Like and Sir Ebrum are only about less than a foot taller.
- Station Square and Cappytown are actually fictional cities of the State of California, instead of being in their own planets.
- In an early version of the prologue, Amy told Tiff that she actually dumped Sonic. The scene took place in King Dedede's castle. This prologue was eventually completely altered in the final version, because FirePuppy still wanted Sonic and Amy to keep their love relationship throughout the series.
Shortly after the first Season 2 episodes were released, Kirby fan "Bandanna Dee" criticized the author about the two hometowns being on the same planet. To him, the fact is that Sonic and Kirby's hometowns are in completely different solar systems. He told FirePuppy that he "cannot just edit the universe like that", which the author disapproved.
FirePuppy states that he never includes the words "Mobius" or "Popstar" in any episode whatsoever. He also declares that fan fictions "are different in many kinds and therefore do not have to make sense". FirePuppy is not a major Sonic fan, mostly because he never played any Sonic games and has only seen a minimal number of Sonic X episodes.
Some fans considered the author's work as "sounding superficial", and others reminded him that he will have to be open for criticism if he will continue uploading more episodes. Female Kirby fan "Waddledoodles" also stated that "research is essential no matter what you're writing".
When episode 28 (The Biggest Snowstorm Ever) was uploaded, FirePuppy included an author's note reminding all readers to refrain from writing reviews about Sonic and Kirby's hometowns not being on the same planet.
Due to the frequent uploading of new episodes, The Adventures of Amy and Tiff became so popular that one day, when the final episode, Quiz Show, was uploaded, the uploader of the series suddenly became a victim of one of the "Critics United" (in other words, evil internet trolls/bullies of FanFiction.net), by the name of "sideshow27". Unfortunately for the author, the offensive user's unmerciful attacks were too much that the author of the fan-fiction series declared he will no longer be using FanFiction.net, and for his own safety, removed all of his stories on that site the next day. The entire complete series was re-uploaded to deviantART on September 21, 2012, and to World of Media Wiki in 2014.